Emergi is a renewable energy technology start-up (BV) based in the Netherlands, and operating in West Africa. Emergi’s mission is to create social impact by developing sustainable energy products for emerging markets. Emergi is currently getting ready to import the first electric kekehs into Liberia. Sustainable, reliable and affordable transport can have an incredible impact on people’s livelihoods in emerging markets and Emergi is planning to launch the first pilot in this field!
The next phase of the project is going to consist of the identification of importing regulations, finetuning the pilot on the ground and the launch of a crowdfunding campaign. For this assignment, we are looking for a Liberian National intern with a background in business, ideally with knowledge of the renewable energy sector who is living in Liberia. The intern must have excellent communication skills and a practical, proactive mindset. As part of our international team, the intern will be supported and supervised by Emergi’s chief engineer.
Main tasks & responsibilities of the intern:
- Identify and contact relevant stations in the importing process
- Network and create a contact list of interesting people in the renewable energy sector
- Develop ideas for marketing of electric kehkehs (locally and regionally)
- Inform the team (on a weekly basis) about developments on the ground
- Interact with third parties like suppliers of parts, workshops etc.
Requirements and assets:
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of electric vehicles and transport
- Interest in the development of the renewable energy sector in Liberia and other parts of Africa
- Comfortable with working in flexible environments
- Good to excellent oral and written English language skills
- Good communication and social skills, and ability to work in a multicultural setting
- Ability to work independently
- Internship contract
- International working environment and valuable contacts
- A practical internship experience where you can have a real impact on a completely new product in Liberia!
- An internship where you can make a difference. We need your ideas!
Concerning payment – Currently, this is an unpaid position, after the crowdfunding and attracting other sources of funding this can be negotiated – We are a dedicated team, and are all working on a voluntary basis now, out of the belief that this project will add enormous social and economic value to Liberia.
If you are interested, please send your letter of motivation and CV before 10 March 2020 to Emergi – Saida Wolff / email@example.com (Reference: Application intern Emergi Liberia)